More and more people are opting to carry concealed weapons, including women. Whether they are looking for more efficient ways to protect themselves or the community, or just want to feel safe, responsible concealed weapon carrying can help meet these needs. Today, we at Shooting Range Industries would like to spotlight some of the best concealed carry handguns.
Best Concealed Carry Gun for Women
1) Ruger LCR. One of the top choices of concealed weapons is the Ruger LCR. It is extremely light, as this firearm is pretty standard for a snub-nosed revolver and weighs in at only 13 1/2 ounces. For small hands that are common amongst ladies, this is perfect as a concealed handgun. This revolver is built for concealment and maneuverability and is also known as a “belly gun.” Regardless of the size of the frame, these handguns are characterized by having a short barrel of around three inches.
2) Glock 26 Gen 3. The Glock 26 is one of the best 9mm for concealed carry as it is also known as the “baby glock.” The Glock 26’s reliability is unparalleled, though this firearm may not be as attractive as other concealed carry models. With or without a holster, it is perfect for all concealed carry techniques.
3) Kimber Pro Carry II. With all kinds of shooters, the Kimber Pro Carry II is popular. The flatness, width, and the consistently light trigger for shooting accuracy is preferred among military, law enforcement and civilian shooters alike. For a .45 ACP firearm, it is nicely concealed.
4) Smith & Wesson M&P Shield. This is a full power conceal carry gun for self-defense with a safety engagement trigger. It’s only 19 ounces, six inches long, and one inch thick. Other features include an external thumb safety for carrying chamber.
5) Walther CCP. As a great concealed carry weapon, the Walther CCP is very comfortable in the hand. To make it easy to engage and disengage, it has a frame mounted manual safety. However, with a magazine capacity of 8+1, the gun is a bit heavy at 22.33 oz.
6) Ruger LC9s. Making shooting more accurate, the Ruger LC9s has a new design trigger system with a short and crisp feel. With a magazine capacity of 7+1, this firearm has a weight of a little over 17 oz. and a length of six inches.
7) Smith & Wesson Model 638. For concealed carry guns, this is one of my favorites and a classic. You can cock the hammer and fire it in single action which great for accuracy, or with the Smith & Wesson model, it can also be fired double action.
Custom Shooting Ranges for Practice & Training
No matter which firearm you choose for your concealed carry, whether you are a man or a woman, it carries much responsibility. You need to be ready for its use, properly and safe store, clean, transport and use the firearm, and need to know how to use it safely and effectively. In addition to taking concealed weapon carry classes, you should also routinely practice at the shooting range. Shooting Range Industries designs and builds custom modular shooting ranges. Call us to learn more today!