Just as much as the men do, women are wanting their concealed weapons permits. Women are arming themselves to be less vulnerable since women are mostly likely to be targeted by criminal minds. Especially when they are alone, the ladies are wanting to feel safe and more adept at taking care of themselves from tasers to small firearms. Without sacrificing fashion, there are a number of options to carry your concealed firearm. To touch on a few ideas on women concealing their firearms and some additional suggestions, we at Shooting Range Industries would like to elaborate.
Concealed Carry Holster, Clothing & Purse for Women
1) Belly Band Holster. To make professional women who wear blouses and blazers often an easy conceal method, a very good option are products for body suits can make the inside waist band practical. Without having to wear the layers, compression short holster can also be optimal can also be ideal for the ladies who want the easy access.
2) Concealed Carry Purse. Though with a few disadvantages, purses a very common method for women to carry their concealed firearm. In different scenarios and how many times do you lose your phone, keys, or wallet in the bottomless pit that is your purse since getting to your purse quick enough can be a challenge. If it is specifically designed for concealed carry not only so you can get to your weapon when you need to but for the safety aspects as well, we recommend only using your purse for your concealed carry.
3) Concealed Carry Shoulder Holsters. The shoulder carry is an ideal option during the winter for women wearing suit coats and blazers. It does make it more visible than other options, however, though it secures your firearm in place.
4) Sports Bra Holster. For women specific body type, the bra holster is only applicable. Your handgun needs to be relatively small and the placement needs to be accurate if you prefer this option as well.
5) Thigh / Ankle Holsters. With an ankle or thigh holster, dresses and long gowns can be fitted nicely. While still giving you access if you need it, they can easily conceal the presence of your handgun.
Practice Pistol Target Shooting
You should frequently take the time to practice accessing your weapon when you select your preferred method or even methods of carrying. When the emergency situation occurs, the last thing you want to do is scramble for it and clumsily pull for it. They have a tendency to not perform as they normally would when they are relaxed and calm when people are stressed and scared. With dry firing, start at home. You can even practice with an air soft pistol of your same make and model for added safety, make sure your firearm is unloaded. While in movement, practice pulling your weapon out in different positions. Always practice, do this frequently no matter how well you think you have it done.
Custom Shooting Ranges for Practice & Training
Practice the fundamentals of shooting only and your accuracy. Be sure to practice your draw from your concealed carry method with live fire once you have become familiar and acquainted with your firearm. To discuss your intent with the range officer and ask for protocols at the range before you do. You carry a lot of responsibility and the safety of you and bystanders’ rests on you when carrying concealed weapons.